Sunday Morning Bible Class
On Sunday mornings at 9 we gather together for Bible classes for all ages. This is a time when our young ones are instructed in Bible knowledge by faithful, capable teachers. Our adult class also digs deeper into God’s word by studying different books of the Bible or Bible topics.
Sunday Morning and Evening Worship
When you worship with the Lord’s church at Midtown you can expect to find a simple worship service that adheres to the teachings of the New Testament. When we assemble every Sunday (Acts 20:7, Revelation1:10), we worship God by…
- Praying – We are led in prayer by different men in our congregation (1 Timothy 2:1-8)
- Singing – The whole congregation joins together in praising God in song without the use of mechanical instruments (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16). In case anyone is unfamiliar with one of the songs, the words are available in our songbooks.
- Lord’s Supper – Each Sunday we hold a memorial of Christ’s death as we have been instructed to do (1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 20:7). We partake of unleavened bread first, then we partake of the “fruit of the vine” (grape juice).
- Preaching – You can expect to find Bible preaching, plain and simple (Acts 2:42; Romans 10:14; 1 Peter 4:11). We do not study opinions or man-made creeds (Galatians 1:8-9; Revelation 22:18-19). We acknowledge the Bible to be the all-sufficient word of God, and as such, the standard for all we do (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Giving – Each member of the congregation contributes weekly to the work of the church (1 Corinthians 16:2). We do not ask or expect our guests to give anything in the offering.
We worship together at 10 A.M. as well as 5 P.M. each Sunday.